Is this project dead? Czy ten projekt jest martwy?

Zaczęty przez Saenger, 28 Lipiec 2021, 22:02

Saenger

Przepraszamy za adres w języku angielskim, ale wydaje się, że nikt tak naprawdę nie czyta również podforum w języku angielskim, stąd tutaj w tej części.

As obviously nobody cares about posts in the project forum, or even here in the English sub-section, I'll post it here as well. Nobody of the project admins seems to care about the project any longer, there are no answers to questions about bugs, there is, to be frank, no interaction by any admin at all. Is there any admin left? Or ist the project simply completely dead, just like for example QNC? If so, I won't bother you any longer with questions, I will just run my detector for fun, and that's it, as well as with QNC. But please be truthful about it. It seems to be not a living project any longer.
Grüße vom Sänger

krzyszp

Somebody cares, just not had answer...

The project isn't dead. Just Google decided to switch off access to their map.
TJM is learning now OpenStreetMaps API to rewrite the code but as hi is currently working in health industry and is struggling with time to sort it out.

We will update everybody when we switch to OSM.

Należę do drużyny BOINC@Poland
Moja wizytówka

Saenger

Cytat: krzyszp w 28 Lipiec 2021, 23:20

TJM is learning now OpenStreetMaps API to rewrite the code but as hi is currently working in health industry and is struggling with time to sort it out.

Giving no answers while spamming users for not setting a location for weeks and weeks is for me "Nobody cares".

If you can't insert a google-map for setting the coordinates, why not simply let the users fill them in by hand? Or do so as an admin somewhere, if you are told those values? It's not, that there are too many detectors around.
Grüße vom Sänger

Saenger

<sound of crickets>
Nothing, absolutely nothing, is happening, this project is obviously dead as a Blackbeard >:( >:( >:( :bad: :bad: :bad:
Grüße vom Sänger

chr80♂°🛰�

Cytat: krzyszp w 28 Lipiec 2021, 23:20

OSM - Open Street Map

I don't know when this will happen. As a colleague wrote above, the project is not dead.