Aktualności:

Nasza strona na Facebooku - poleć znajomym.

Menu główne

Project starting

Zaczęty przez yoyo, 10 Wrzesień 2007, 20:54

yoyo

---------- 04:45 11.09.2007 ----------

Hello,
I just poped in. I saw that you are also using the wrapper approach as I for yoyo@home (www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo) to bring an existing application to the Boinc world. Maybe we can share our development and ideas. I saw on your know bug list that the progress indicator is missing. I solved it with more than one <TASK> in job.xml. So e.g. if you have 10 tasks in job.xml the progress indicator will go 10% .. 20% ...30%...

We can also discuss it via any instand messanger, mail or irc.
yoyo

PS: I can't read/speak polish, so I tried it in english. It was difficuilt enough to find the thread ;)

---------- 04:54 ----------

Hi,
somthing to add. It's funny, for my project I opened a thread hat should be wrapped next and somebody proposed M4 ;)

You should set a link to a discussion forum on enigmas project home page. People will ask questions and discuss the project.

yoyo
member of Rechenkraft.net

Bober

Hello yoyo,
Before TJM replies I'll write that there are plans to create project's message board. You were just too fast  :wink:

Nice job, finding this topic - respect  =D>

bartsob5

Cytat: "Bober"Hello yoyo,
Before TJM replies I'll write that there are plans to create project's message board. You were just too fast  :wink:

Nice job, finding this topic - respect  =D>

warm welcome also from me ;)

as far as i know this project is far away from 'ready to worldwide start' thus nothing works yet (even there is a little english information about it) and server on which enigma is running isn't machine powerfull enough to run forum there, so the forum will be probably hosted somewhere else...

yoyo

I know all this. I started yoyo@home also on my laptop in a VM. I linked the forum to a subforum of our team forum.

How do you calculate the credits? I will also calculate credits based on the work unit on yoyo@home.

yoyo

jaskij

As far, as I know TJM is busy adding tasks to the project, so it might take him some time to get here.
If TJM allows me to, bo this time tomorrow I can setup a forum for Enigma... just to do some work for him...
About the credits - if You've read the file about bugs, it's written there, that they're fixed for each WU, based of course on their length.

yoyo

Can I have more info how you implemented the fixed credits? I will try something similar for OGR on yoyo@home.
yoyo

TJM

I have only 4 types of work units, each type has its own processing time, which is almost the same for each work unit (+/-10%~15%); so I measured average time, then multiplied it by credits/second taken from my reference machine (Athlon TB 1400).
I doubt if you can do the same for OGR, because you will never know how long does it take to complete work unit until it's finished.

I'll fix progress indicator either by adding another function to wrapper, which reads checkpoint file and measures progress, or by adding BOINC api directly to enigma (source is available). I haven't yet decided which way I'll try first.

W razie jakiejś pilniejszej sprawy - jestem często dostępny na kanale IRC B@P, na forum czasami zapominam zajrzeć lub nie mam czasu.

yoyo

Thx for the update.
For OGR I will determine from the result how many GNodes were crunched. I will base credits on that.
yoyo