cant upload results

Zaczęty przez zombie67, 14 Wrzesień 2007, 16:16

zombie67

FYI, I am unable to upload completed results to the project server.  The Server Status shows all green, but there must be some other problem.
ublin, CA
Team MacNN

TJM

Could you copy&paste some logs ?

W razie jakiejś pilniejszej sprawy - jestem często dostępny na kanale IRC B@P, na forum czasami zapominam zajrzeć lub nie mam czasu.

bartsob5

did you try to restart boinc (i had similar problem once, and restart helped? if not, you should wait for TJM suggestions...

zombie67

Quitting/restarting BOINC solved the problem.  Which is odd, since this happening across all of my machines.  And they are not having this problem with any of the other 50+ projects they are attached to.  Did the IP address or DNS entry of enigma@home change?

For what it's worth, here is a sample error messages I was getting:

9/14/2007 7:59:00 AM|Enigma@Home|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user
9/14/2007 7:59:00 AM|Enigma@Home|Requesting 5274 seconds of new work
9/14/2007 7:59:03 AM||Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
9/14/2007 7:59:04 AM||Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down.
9/14/2007 7:59:05 AM|Enigma@Home|Scheduler request failed: couldn't connect to server
9/14/2007 7:59:05 AM|Enigma@Home|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user
9/14/2007 7:59:05 AM|Enigma@Home|Requesting 5274 seconds of new work
9/14/2007 7:59:08 AM||Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
9/14/2007 7:59:09 AM||Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down.
9/14/2007 7:59:10 AM|Enigma@Home|Scheduler request failed: couldn't connect to server
9/14/2007 7:59:10 AM|Enigma@Home|Deferring communication for 2 hr 45 min 1 sec
9/14/2007 7:59:10 AM|Enigma@Home|Reason: scheduler request failed
ublin, CA
Team MacNN

TJM

IP changes every 24 hours, in some cases it may cause problems, for example if you are running firewall with DNS cache built in.

W razie jakiejś pilniejszej sprawy - jestem często dostępny na kanale IRC B@P, na forum czasami zapominam zajrzeć lub nie mam czasu.

yoyo

I think this is the problem. On my dyndns test server I had the same issues.
yoyo
member of Rechenkraft.net

zombie67

So what is the solution?  I can't be quitting/restarting BOINC every day.  Many projects I crunch for don't checkpoint, and I have too many machines.

I think DepSpid had this problem too, but they solved it somehow.
ublin, CA
Team MacNN

yoyo

Which Boinc client version do you use? I think in some newer version of Boinc it was solved, but I'm not sure.
yoyo
member of Rechenkraft.net

TJM

You can try running ipconfig /flushdns if you see this happening again. I don't know any permanent solution atm.

bartsob5

well... as for me, that error occured only once, though i don't run my pc 24h/day, so i don't see that as very arduous problem...

zombie67

---------- 09:23 15.09.2007 ----------

It just happened again (a day later).  Had to quit/restart BOINC on all my machines.

---------- 07:06 16.09.2007 ----------

I can now confirm this is problem happening daily for me.  Every day when I wake up, I have results that cannot upload, which requires quit/start of BOINC on every machine.
ublin, CA
Team MacNN