Aktualności:

Czy uczestniczysz w Projekcie miesiąca?

Menu główne

chmod +x for linux app

Zaczęty przez yoyo, 18 Wrzesień 2007, 21:44

yoyo

Hi TJM,
I saw your news that for Linux you have to make a chmod +x to get it working.I had the same problem. On the server in your apps directory ensure that all applicatins have execute rights set. update_versions considers this and marks the application as <executable/>. You see this also in the management gui in your application versions.
yoyo
member of Rechenkraft.net

TJM

I did that already, the app-info xml stored in database has <executable/> set for both files (wrapper&enigma), but for some reason, exec flag for enigma is missing in downloaded xml.

W razie jakiejś pilniejszej sprawy - jestem często dostępny na kanale IRC B@P, na forum czasami zapominam zajrzeć lub nie mam czasu.

yoyo

To take this into effect the client has to reload the wrapper and enigma apps. To ways to make this happens:
1) In Boinc detach / attach to the project
2) make a new version on the server
yoyo

PS: are you somewhere in ICQ or MSN?
member of Rechenkraft.net

TJM

Hm I think it's fixed now - I shut down server first, then I edited XML directly in database to put <executable/> back there for enigma_0.76_i686-linux-gnu, and after I did it,  I restarted server. I tried detaching & attaching back, looks like this time it works without problems.

W razie jakiejś pilniejszej sprawy - jestem często dostępny na kanale IRC B@P, na forum czasami zapominam zajrzeć lub nie mam czasu.