New Einstein@Home Radio Pulsar Search and NVIDIA GPU Code

Zaczęty przez mimeq, 20 Styczeń 2011, 23:20

mimeq

niech ktos w miare mozliwosci sprobuje i sie wypowie   :P

CytatNew Einstein@Home Radio Pulsar Search and NVIDIA GPU Code
Einstein@Home is beginning a new round of searching for radio pulsars in short-orbital-period binary systems.

This is accompanied by the release of a new application (called BRP3). The new application is particularly efficient on NVIDIA Graphics Processor Cards (up to a factor of 20 faster than the CPU-only application). In addition, when running on an NVIDIA GPU card, this new application makes very little use of the CPU (typically around 20% CPU use when the GPU is devoted to Einstein@Home).

The NVIDIA GPU application is initially available for Windows and Linux only. We hope to have a Macintosh version available soon. Due to limitations in the NVIDIA drivers, the Linux version still makes heavy use of the CPU. This will be fixed in Spring 2011, when a new version of the NVIDIA Driver is released. Many thanks to NVIDIA technical support for their assistance!

Because we have exhausted the backlog of data from Arecibo Observatory, this new application is being shipped with data from the Parkes Multibeam Pulsar Survey (from the Parkes Radio Telescope in Australia). In the next weeks we expect to also start using this new application on fresh Arecibo data taken with the latest 'Mock Spectrometer' back-end.

Questions, problems or bug reports related to this new application and search should be reported in this news item thread as a 'Comment'.

Troll81

nawet jak podwyższa punktację 20razy to ni zrobią konkurencji PG :( Tamci za bardzo wyżyłowali kredyty za pracę GPU

no chyba że ktos liczy da idei....

Krzysiak

Ja bym liczył dla idei jak by z Ati działało  ;D

>>Moja szczegółowa sygnatur<< %)                                      >> Spis moich odkrytych liczb pierwszych << :whistle:

Cyfron

a ja na NV wolałbym liczyć to niż PG :) - chyba się starzeje i punkty już nie grają u mnie takiej roli :)

mimeq

dziubas

próbowałem wczoraj:

Einstein@Home   Message from server: Opted out of BRP3 CPU
Einstein@Home   Message from server: CUDA version 3.2 capability needed
* Death is the highest priority non-maskable interrupt *

S6X

Completed, waiting for validation    4,027.56    2,321.37    16.68    pending    Binary Radio Pulsar Search v1.05 (BRP3cuda32)

Kiepsko obciąża gpu 30-40%.  :(

lolek

To i tak 2x wyższe obciążenie niż poprzednia wersja  XD

Tomasz R. Gwiazda

liczenie Einstein i SETI na GPU to strata czasu :)