Wskaźnik aktywności hdd 10 LED

Zaczęty przez phobos, 12 Październik 2011, 00:31

phobos

Nie wiem ile osób tu jest zainteresowanych takimi rzeczami ale i tak się pochwalę  :P Jakiś czas temu złapałem zajawkę żeby zbudować swój pierwszy układ elektroniczny i w końcu jest gotowy  :) Kilkanaście godzin rozeznania, zakupów w necie, wiercenia i lutowania i po sprawie. Dla niecierpliwych, ok 1 minuty wygląda to najciekawiej
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpSdOMGvnHg
Układ zamienia impulsy idące z płyty głównej do diody w obudowie na postać bardziej "analogową", zapala tym więcej diod im mocniejszy i dłuższy jest impuls z płyty głównej. Gdy impuls znika diody po kolei gasną. Zasilanie póki co z baterii. Toleruje napięcia 5 i 12 V więc można bez problemu podłączyć do zasilacza ale początkowo tego nie robiłem w obawie przed zwarciem.

Troll81

NG

Troll81

mnie tam interesuje dlaczego nie ma tego w standardzie. Kiedyś diody instalowano na samym dysku. mamm jeszcze takiego trupka 40MB który ma wbudowaną diodę aktywności.

phobos

Pewnie głównie dlatego, że bez diody jest taniej. Ostatnio także ze względu na postęp... Dyski PATA posiadały osobną linię na której przesyłana była informacja o aktywności - łatwo było z czegoś takiego wyprowadzić sygnał i zrobić migającą diodę. Dyski SATA nie mają czegoś takiego i informacja o aktywności hdd musi być jakoś magicznie stwierdzona przez płytę główną. No i tak właściwie to większość ludzi nie chce mieć choinki w obudowie... Moje diody są do bajeranckiego otwartego dysku zewnętrznego za szkłem który buduję  :)

Troll81

ja tam lubię choinkę :D np taka jak na macierzy :D

legis

ciekawe czy dało by się zrobić taki do każdego dysku osobno (mam 3)
to by była ładna choinka %)

Troll81

w macierzach masz dla każdego dysku osobno

Tomasz R. Gwiazda

w serwach HP tez , 3 stany. zielony, niebieski, pomaranczowy (znaczy wymienic bo walniete :P )

phobos

W dyskach PATA można bez problemu zrobić osobne wskaźniki dla każdego. Informacja o aktywności idzie po 39 linii. W SATA nie wiem jak...

Troll81

CytatPin 11 of the SATA power connector is officially "reserved", but some manufacturers use it as a drive activity line, while others use it for staggered drive spin-up communication.

I have a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA (300GB) and some Seagate ST3500 series drives and they all support drive activity signaling on pin 11.

Hope this helps.

CytatAfter reverse engineering the "special" power converter that came with my new SATA tray, it seems like the four wires that come out of the back of the SATA power connector and would normally connect to a plug at the back of the SATA tray are:

1) +12v
2) pin 11 of the SATA power connector
3) a ground pin of the sata power connector, *not* connected to all the other ground pins.
4) +5v

My guess is that the drive has an open collector output that pulls a load to ground when active, and it is brought out to pin 11 of the power connector. Note that pin 11 of the SATA power connector is supposed to be "reserved".

When the SATA drive is connected to the this "special" power converter, the floating ground is connected to all of the other grounds through the pins of the SATA drive. This alows an LED to be driven from wire #1 (+12v) to wire #3 (floating ground pin).

The drive activity LED is driven from wire #4 (+5v) to wire #2 (pin 11 of the power connector).

Of course, there are current limiting resistors for the LED's.

Soo.............

What is needed is a small circuit board with a male SATA power plug on one end and a female SATA power socket on the other. All of the pins would be carried through, meaning pin 1 to pin 1 and so forth. Pin 11, one of the grounds (not tied to the others, from the drive plug end), +12v and +5v would be brought out to a set of 2-pin headers to allow a power LED and drive activity LED to be connected. Encapsule the whole thing in rubber and sell it for $5.00.

Useage would be to plug the newly created "dongle" into the power connector of a SATA drive (or enclosure!), and plug the SATA power connector from your power supply into the dongle. Plug power LED into header labeled "power" and the drive activity LED into the header labeled "activity".

Compatibility would be limited to SATA drives that use pin 11 as a drive activity indicator line. Anyone wish to compile a compatibility list? (come on, it's a challenge!)